Four Live Oak High School students were treated after they ate maijuana-laced cookies this moring, according to a news release from the Morgan Hill Unified School District.
Medical personnel evaluated students at the school and they were released to their parents. Interviews are being conducted to see if any other students were involved in the ingestion or exchange of the cookies.
“No students were transported by EMS,” said Superintendent Wes Smith.
An individual brought the cookies to school and provided the students to several students, said MHUSD. School officials were alerted when one student was removed from class for feeling dizzy.
April 20 or “4/20” is celebrated by some by smoking or ingesting marijuana.
Crews are sweeping the campus checking for other students who may be sick, he said. A call came in to 911 about 11:40 a.m. today.
“My son told me about it. He laughed about it, like ‘guess what mom?’ ” said Amy, a parent of a 16-year-old sophomore who declined to give her last name. She also said her son has been offered drugs in the past. “I think it’s going to happen,” she said. “It’s high school.”
MHUSD said school officials are working with law enforcement to ensure the individual who brought the cookies is dealt with appropriately.